blog.jmp.no

Electronics, coding and hacking. And ADD.

« Ok, now we're talking... Playing with more wireless modules »

It's a mess, and no success

2012
22
January

After reading about this project, I decided to revive my ATmega based cartridge emulator. Mine has fewer parts and is way faster, so it should be worth bringing back to life.

But, unfortunately, no pulse. I have no idea where I went wrong, so I said "fuck it" and started to re-implement it from scratch. The previous version was written a long time ago, and was really just a mayhem of code anyway. I'm now trying to tidy things up, and advance to bluetooth instead of RS232 for uploading a new images.

It's a mess.

I also used the MCU's RAM last time, rendering it useless for images larger than 4 kilobytes. The idea is to use some of the flash memory, which it has plenty of - with the possibility of ROM switching. I'll keep you posted on the progress.


Share:

to It's a mess, and no success

Feed for this Entry

0 Comments

    There are currently no comments.

About You

Email address is not published.

All messages must be validated by the admin.

Spam messages or messages containing URLs linking to spam, will never be published.

Add to the Discussion

Add to Google