blog.jmp.no

Electronics, coding and hacking. And ADD.

« Three quick tips for improving your Arcade1UP Exploring the Arcade1UP »

Arcade1UP USB, buttons working

2019
4
March

Today I added the USB connector, as described on this Imgur gallery. I'm going to find a more elegant solution to some issues, but it does the job for now.

I used a female USB plug and soldered it to the PCB points using a four wires. They are currently unshielded, but that's not a problem for a low-speed device like a keyboard. Maybe I will find a more elegant solution in the future. The USB plug was then hotglued to the back of the case and will hopefully stay there for a while.


Once connected I could access the MAME menu by pressing the [TAB] key. The arcade buttons was accessible from there, and configurations automatically saved.

Below is the finished solution. That'll do for now. I removed the UART wires as they will be replaced by a BTLE wireless UART module later. The USB keyboard was left inside the arcade in case I need to reconfigure some keys on a later occasion.


Super Mario Bros works perfectly, and I'm looking forward to spending hours of fun with this arcade!


Share:

to Arcade1UP USB, buttons working

Feed for this Entry

0 Comments

    There are currently no comments.

About You

Email address is not published.

All messages must be validated by the admin.

Spam messages or messages containing URLs linking to spam, will never be published.

Not interested in getting my site promoted on your blog, either.

Sorry.

Add to the Discussion

Add to Google